The Complete Guide to Ask Girl Out:
The Definitive Guide
How to ask a girl out over text – Best way to ask a girl out over text
Before we begin, I feel we need to clear something up: a group hangout is not a date. I repeat, a group hangout is not a date. It is a great way to get to know her, but it sure as heck is not a date.
The steps to asking her out:
- Start by getting her number, i.e. don’t ask her friends. Don’t text her, tweet her, Facebook her, email her, comment on her blog, or chat her.
- Figure out where you’d like to take her, on what day, and what time before you ask. It’s your job to have a plan if you’re doing the asking.
- Call her at least four days in advance of when you’d like to see her at an hour that doesn’t come across as a booty call (read 11pm).
- Take her to a public place for your first date. Don’t take her on a long drive into the middle of nowhere for a picnic. Weird.
- Pick a place that is unique and provides a good atmosphere for listening to her and not staring at her breasts or thinking about her naked. Yes, you heard correctly: listen.
- Make her feel comfortable. Topics that are off limits: what turns you on, politics, racial comments, kids, marriage plans, your fraternity if you’ve been out of college for more than three months.
- Ask her questions. Ask her about herself, what she’s interested in, what she loves (or doesn’t) about her job. Keep the conversation light-hearted.
- Do not, under any circumstances, divulge the following:
- Your childhood secrets
- Your family drama
- Your history with foot fungus
- Your psycho ex-girlfriend
- How much you hate your boss (don’t be a complainer)
- Your 3am donut-eating habits
- Your sexual history
- Your daily phone call with your mom
- Your video game domination
- Make her laugh. I cannot tell you how important this is. Make fun of yourself, tell a joke, share a funny story—anything to get her to laugh. Gentlemen: if you do nothing else, make her laugh.
- Pull out your wallet and pay the bill. You asked her out, didn’t you? Be a gentleman.
- Call her within three days and ask her out again. Repeat steps above.
Remember you are not asking her to marry you, its just coffee, or a drink, or dinner, it’s not a marriage proposal. You are not locked into a long-term contract.
- Haha, I feel like going on a Star Wars Trilogy marathon, looking for a cute, nerdy girl to watch it with… know any? ;]
- Girl: “Hey! What are you up to?”
You: “Writing an article at the moment”
Girl: “Cool, an article about what?”
You: “About something I can only tell you about over a glass of wine.”
- You: “Do you like sushi? (please say yes)”
Girl: Omg I love sushi!
You: Awesome. Let’s get sushi tonight at Yoko’s. You down?
You: Great. Meet at Yoko’s. 7 pm.
Girl: See you there
- “Tuesday nights are bowling nights… let’s go!”
- “Can I ask you something? Are you a thief, because you stole my heart…”
- “Ok, let’s pretend for a sec that you’re a guy and I’m a hot girl like you. What would you do to try and pick me up?”
- “Quick, quick! Wine or cocktail! Wine or cocktaillll!”
- “You know, I just saw this smelly homeless guy with yellow teeth, these crazy looking eyes, and the most raggedy pair of jeans I’ve ever seen. He reminded me of you!”
- “I’m telling you a story right now and in the middle of the story, just before the moral of the story rears it’s ugly head I just…”
- “Let’s be honest. I know you like me and I know I like you. What are we going to do about it?”
- “Honestly? I like you. You’re a lot of fun to be around and you’re pretty hot too, so let’s go somewhere together already!”
- “Wow! You’re playing hard to get already? Aren’t we moving a little too fast lady? We haven’t even dated yet!”
- “I have to tell you a little secret: even my grandmother types a text message faster than YOU do. Damn girl!”
- “You know what? We’ve been texting back and forth for a while now. But let’s do what normal people do and grab a drink somewhere to talk some more.”
- “Hey, I know this great places where they have XYZ. Let’s go there tomorrow!”
- “You seem to be a person who has an opinion and likes to have fun, just like me. So, let’s have fun together by going to XYZ tomorrow!”
- “You know what? If you promise you’ll be my tour guide tomorrow when I’m in XYZ, I’ll give you some lessons in XYZ in return.”
- “You’re bored? Well, if you play your cards right, I might take you to this awesome place where they have XYZ later today!”
- “You’re not doing anything right now? Then allow me to take you to XYZ, where they have the best XYZ ever!”
- “Hey, me and my friends are about to hang out at a buddy’s place. If you can make it, you’re invited.”
- “Party at my place at XYZ PM! Be sure to bring me my favorite liquor or you won’t get in!”
- “It was fun meeting you earlier today. You seemed to be a party girl so I just HAVE TO ask: what are your plans for the evening you party animal you?”
- “Tell me: do you have plans for the weekend? Or are you just going to sit around like a true couch potatoe?”
- “Thank you for telling me what you would like to do on our date tomorrow. I’ll pick you up around, say, eight-ish?”
- “You’re going to PLACE XYZ tomorrow? Wow! That sounds incredibly… lame. Come with me. You know I’m much more fun than that place.”
- “Ok, you know what? Have you ever heard of the Lemon Law? It works like this: we go somewhere to get a drink. If we don’t like each other’s company after five minutes, we’re both free to leave. That way we don’t hurt each other’s feelings and we also don’t have to stick it out until the end of the night if we hate each other.”
- “This is me texting you how much fun I’m having without you.”
- “Do you believe in love at first sight? OR should I walk by again?”
- “Hi, this is me responding to your message in a way that leaves nothing for you to say.”
Don’t overthink the process of asking out a woman on a date.
It’s incredibly easy to do, especially when it’s over text.
With that said, never forget the basics–stick to them and you’re guaranteed to succeed.